Educational Leadership (Principalship), MEd
At Teach for America Phoenix we have a goal that by 2030, twice as many children in communities where we work will enroll in college, indicating they are on a path to economic mobility and co-creating a future filled with possibility. We understand that a critical role alumni play is supporting and pursuing this goal as successful school leaders. The Teach For America Phoenix team works with Arizona State University to retain alumni in Arizona and attract alumni from other regions to meet our mutual goal of training exceptional educators to take on leadership roles in Arizona schools.
ASU has committed to offering five Teach For America alumni fully-paid fellowships* for 36 credit hours of graduate-level school leadership coursework in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College. This application is the process for selecting those five fellows to begin their program in the summer of 2024. You can learn more about the Educational Leadership, MEd.
Requirements: If you are unsure about your ability to meet the requirements, please reach out to Carminia Muñoz.
- Currently a TFA alumni
- Minimum of 3 years of full time teaching experience.
- Currently working within a school system (district or charter)
Application Process for Fellowship Candidates
- ASAP: Complete “Intent to apply” form to ensure you receive timely and most updated communications about the process.
- September 14 @ 5pm: Join us for the virtual Applicant Information Session to learn more about the Masters program and ask questions to ASU professors and former fellows. RSVP here.
- <Application deadline> By October 2nd: Candidates submit all fellowship application materials to Carminia.Munoz@teachforamerica.org. Application materials include resume, letter of intent, school-based scenarios responses and two letters of recommendation.
- Week of October 9th : Selection committee reviews applications and selects up to ten finalists to interview.
- November 2nd and 3rd: Selection committee conducts 20-minute interviews with each of the finalists. You will only need to be available for one of the two interview days, which will be scheduled once finalists are selected. The selection committee will include representatives from Arizona State University, Teach For America, and current or recent school administrators.
- Early November: From the group of finalists selected, five candidates are notified that they have been selected to receive the award.