What is the School Building Mentor Fellowship?
- The School Building Mentor Fellowship is a paid fellowship opportunity for veteran teachers in Teach For America partner schools and districts. Mentors will support 1-2 second year corps members or “mentees” within their school building or district.
How will I benefit from this program?
- Mentors will have an opportunity to gain valuable adult coaching experience and receive professional development through their engagement in individual/group training and reflection throughout the year. Mentors will be paid a $3,000 stipend in periodic installments and have access to Teach for America’s alumni resources for their commitment and completion of this fellowship program.
Fellows agree to participate in the following components:
- Summer Orientation
- Conduct monthly coaching conversations with their assigned mentees and upload documentation with Teach for America staff
- Group Learning experiences (see below)
- Earn a Leadership Endorsement, recognized by the Idaho State Department of Education
To learn more, please complete this interest form.
To refer someone to this fellowship, please complete this referral form.
Check out this article from the Teach For America website highlighting the experience of mentor and mentee teachers in this fellowship!
- Casey DeFord (MD, School and Systems Leadership)
- Start Date
- Aug 1, 2023
- End Date
- May 31, 2024