Workshop: Building a Trauma-Sensitive Classroom
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
4PM–5:30PM PT | 7PM–8:30PM ET
with April Frazier and Devon Sangster Rath
Discover strategies to create welcoming and safe learning spaces, and nurture healing relationships with students.
Whether or not we are aware of it, every classroom is impacted by the effects of trauma. Join this workshop to examine a nervous system framework and understand the ways that traumatic stress shows up as recognizable behaviors in both students and educators. In this training, we will explore practices that support nervous system settling––in ourselves and our students. Learn strategies to be both proactive and reactive when traumatic stress is triggered.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn how trauma impacts the brain and behavior, and how it shows up in the classroom
- Experience mindfulness practices that empower you to settle your own nervous system
- Explore strategies, practices, and classroom routines that support nervous system regulation
Mindful Schools 90-minute live virtual workshops take a deeper dive into the most important topics in mindfulness in education. Join us in these experiential and inspirational sessions, and learn tools and strategies to immediately integrate into your work with youth.
Every 90-minute live virtual workshop integrates:
- Mindfulness: Experience mindfulness practice to support your well-being
- Skill-Building: Learn tangible skills that expand your instructional capacity and professional competency
- School Culture: Explore strategies and considerations to create a culture of mindfulness and well-being at your school
All registrants receive a recording one week after the workshop. The recording expires 90 days after the workshop.
Certificate of Attendance is provided for attendees who meet the criteria, see FAQs.
Registration Deadline: April 11 at 11:59PM PT
Register Here for $95 – Sliding Scale
Register Here for $145 – Sliding Scale
Register Here for $195 – Sliding Scale
This workshop is offered on a sliding scale basis in an effort to create access for as many educators as possible. We depend on you to select the option that most closely represents your financial capacity. Our intention is to uphold this sliding scaled option for as long as it is sustainable. We thank you for your thoughtful selection. $145 suggested tuition for families making over $75,000 a year.