District of Columbia Public Schools
Ensure that every school guarantees students reach their full potential through rigorous and joyful learning experiences provided in a nurturing environment.
Promote Equity: Define, understand, and promote equity so that we eliminate opportunity gaps and systematically interrupt institutional bias.
- Focus on equity across all DCPS.
- Offer programming that supports students of color.
- Prioritize budgeting and resources for students who need them most.
Empower our People: Recruit, develop, and retain a talented, caring, and diverse team.
- Infuse our values into all that we do.
- Improve teacher pipelines, especially for bilingual teachers and male educators of color.
- Strengthen school leadership development.
Ensure Excellent Schools: Increase the number of excellent schools throughout the city.
- Define a consistent standard of school excellence.
- Grow schools based on need and to promote diversity and innovation, including multilingual or magnet programs.
- Increase attendance and enrollment.
Educate the Whole Child: Provide rigorous, joyful, and inclusive academic and social emotional learning experiences to ensure all students are college and career ready.
- Support teachers in implementing the DCPS curriculum.
- Embed social emotional learning in our classrooms and culture.
- Ensure students read on grade level by 3rd grade.
- Offer new courses and extracurricular activities for middle school students.
- Expand access to college and career preparation.
- Strengthen instruction for special education students and English Learners.
Engage Families: Ensure communication and deepen partnerships with families and the community.
Search dozens of opportunities on our Career page.